What is Mealworm Frass?
Frass is the dry, nearly odorless, castings of the mealworm. Our mealworms have a diverse diet of wheat bran, assorted vegetables and fruits so when you add our frass to your soil (whether as an amendment, top dressing, make "frass tea", or something else) you're introducing a safe, natural, soil additive to your dirt's ecosystem. Our frass contains chitin (pronounced kite-in), as well, which is proven to boost your plants natural defense systems.
Each bag contains 16 oz (about 8 cups) of frass.
The benefits of mealworm frass
- Neutral pH
- low odor
- no nitrates, heavy metals, methane, or nitrous-oxide emissions
- won't burn roots or exposed plants
- boosts soil regeneration
- great for indoor and outdoor plants or soil
- easy to apply
- contains chitin
How to use
- Top dress: Sprinkle over root zone and water well.
- Pre-mix: Mix about 1.5 cups of frass per cubic foot (7 gallons) of soil before planting.
- Transplanting: Add a pinch or two under the roots.
Wholesale and Bulk
Contact us to create a wholesale account and buy our frass at bulk or wholesale prices!
You can currently purchase our frass at these local retail stores:
- Garden Sass (Russellville, AR)
- The Nurserie Farm & Garden Market (Little Rock, AR)
- Ozark Natural Foods (Fayetteville, AR)
- Midway Discount Grocery (Dardanelle, AR)
- Price's Town & Country (Russellville, AR)
- Stowe Creek Gallery (Dardanelle, AR)
When checking out, enter your address to see delivery rates and areas. We deliver to most zip codes in Russellville, Dardanelle, and Danville.
Choose Store Pick-up during checkout.
See shipping options after entering your address during checkout.